Conflicts could occur for the following reasons:
- You are attempting to add a quantity of a product/service that is greater than what is held in your inventory
- A certain quantity of the product was set aside due to temporary or permanent damage, leading to an insufficient inventory quantity for the project
- You are attempting to add a quantity of a product/service that is being used at another event during the same time
How can I see if I have a conflict?
Conflicts will be displayed both on the bottom of your dashboard and within the fulfillment tab within the project it is occurring in.
Solving a conflict
- If you previously created a set aside and the items are available again, you can resolve it and send the respective product quantity back to inventory. To learn how to do this, check out our guide on Adding and Managing Set Asides.
- If you do not own enough inventory to fulfill the desired amount by the client, you can choose to subrent the missing quantity or change the quantity in your inventory (e.g., you decided to purchase extra tables to solve the conflict)
Resolving a conflict via subrent/changing quantity
To resolve this issue, navigate to the fulfillment page of the project. Scroll down to the respective product/service and find the "warning" symbol.
Select the 3 dotted edit symbol and press Mark ad Subrental.
Pro tip: make sure to review your shortage quantity to help guide you to the right decision
If you choose to subrent, go ahead and fill out the Subrental form. Fill in the quantity and provide internal notes as to what company you are using and select save.
Your conflict will now disappear in the status section.