Want to build a more custom recipe on a project? Click here!
What is a package?
Packages consist of Products and Services that are often bundled together. Packages can also contain other packages.
When you add a package to a contract, you have the option of listing all the contents or just showing the package title.
Your pull sheets will always include all contents so your team knows exactly what to pull.
Adding a package:
- Navigate to Inventory > Packages and select "Add Package". A window of information will pop up.
- Add Title and Description
- After the title and description, you may choose if you want to price your package through Daily, Hourly, Flat Fee, By Contents (All) and By Contents (Client Visible). Read the section on Package Pricing below for more information.
- Do not forget to add on the necessary tax type to the package!
Press "Save & Continue" and proceed to add an image.
In addition to pricing by Daily, Hourly and Flat Fee, Packages support two additional methods of pricing: By Contents (All) and By Contents (Client Visible).
Both of these options allow you to derive the price of the package based on the contents of the package. The difference between the two is that “By Contents (All)” will calculate the price of the package based on ALL items included (regardless of visibility), where as “By Contents (Client Visible)” will calculate the price of the package based only on the items the clients will see on their contract/invoice.
Said another way, a package priced by all items, won't change as you hide items.
A packaged priced by client visible items, will change as you hide items.
Some important notes when pricing packages by its contents:
- The taxes for a package will be calculated based on the tax settings of its contents.
- You can only apply a percent (%) discount to the package. However, you can add either percent (%) or fixed dollar ($) discounts to any of its contents.
- Percent of Order and Percent of Line Item Group items will still apply to the whole order or line item group — they are not scoped to the package itself.
- Hourly items will use the default values you enter when creating the package. But you can still adjust them on the contract itself.
Learn more about pricing your packages by their contents here.
Package Relations - Contents
After adding an image, navigate to the "Relations" section where you add the contents of this package.
Contents will be the parts of the recipe that you always want included.
Note that you can chose which items to "Auto Hide", or show only on Fulfillment (internal) documents.
Want to reorder the position of your contents? Learn more.
Package Relations - Accessories
Accessories are how you can add on optional items, or allow your team to select the type of stems going with each order.
You can learn more about the different settings for your accessories below
Press "Save & Close" when completed and the package will successfully added!
When you add the recipe to an order, your team will be able to select the stems.